Vancouver, British Columbia – August 11, 2014 – In response to artist and designer demands, Chaos Group and The Foundry have announced that V-Ray will be available for a number of The Foundry's creative software solutions.
The two companies have been working together on the development of V-Ray for three of The Foundry products: V-Ray for MODO, V-Ray for KATANA, and V-Ray for NUKE. These products will be unveiled for the first time at SIGGRAPH and can be seen in action at Chaos Group’s booth (#501).
Starting today, V-Ray for MODO and NUKE are available as a public beta, and the commercial version of V-Ray for KATANA is ready for purchase.
“Chaos Group and The Foundry’s products have been cornerstones of Atomic Fiction's workflow since day one,” said Kevin Baillie, co-founder and VFX supervisor at Atomic Fiction. “Both companies share an obvious passion for making amazing, production-focused tools, and are constantly looking towards the future. We’re excited that their futures are converging to unify our rendering pipeline across our favorite applications!”
Built on V-Ray’s latest 3.0 core rendering technology, the integration with The Foundry's tools streamlines the workflow for studios with pipelines built around V-Ray, NUKE, MODO, and KATANA.
- V-Ray | MODO – Provides flexibility and production-proven rendering capabilities for MODO artists creating 3D content. Now in public beta.
- V-Ray | NUKE - Unifies the pipeline between NUKE artists and 3D artists for unprecedented workflow improvements at all stages of production, while providing access to V-Ray's advanced ray tracing capabilities. Now inpublic beta.
- V-Ray | KATANA – First used on “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” by Industrial Light & Magic, the industry-leading lighting and look development package is now coupled with industry-standard rendering technology. Available upon request.
Bill Collis, CEO of The Foundry comments: “We have been working together with Chaos Group for a number of years and it’s great that we are now able to offer this integration between our products. V-Ray has a great user-base in our own key markets, VFX and design and we are excited to help our clients to access these technologies in a more streamlined and efficient workflow.”
Users looking to hear more about the V-Ray for The Foundry’s tools will get their chance at SIGGRAPH 2014, as both companies will be discussing this exciting new development as part of a series of joint events.
“Chaos Group and The Foundry products are staples of the VFX and broadcast industries, which makes every measure of efficiency or improvement a step forward for artists in the trenches,” said Peter Mitev, CEO of Chaos Group. “With this alliance, we will continue to give artists whatever they need to be successful at every stage of their pipeline.”
- Chaos Group on-stage interview – Chaos Group’s Chief Commercial Officer Lon Grohs will join Brad Peebler (President of the Americas at The Foundry) in the Foundry Booth (#601, right next to the Chaos Booth) for a web-streamed discussion of the announcement on Wednesday, August 13 at 10 a.m.
- MODO/MARI user group – Chaos Group will outline the new functionality of V-Ray for MODO at the Vancouver session of this popular user group. It is open to the public and will be held August 13 at the Georgia Ballroom A at The Hyatt Regency Hotel from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
About Chaos Group
Chaos Group creates physically-based rendering and simulation software for artists and designers. Founded in 1997, Chaos Group has devoted the last 16 years to helping artists advance the speed and quality of one of their most important tools. Today, Chaos Group’s photorealistic rendering software, V-Ray®, has become the rendering engine of choice for many high-profile companies and innovators in the design and visual effects industries.
To find out more visit: www.chaosgroup.com
About The Foundry
The Foundry develops award-winning creative software used globally by leading artists, designers and creative professionals. The portfolio lets users create inspiring and technical high-end visuals across a wide range of industries including product and concept design, marketing & advertising, media & entertainment and game development.
In the design world clients include major manufacturers such as Adidas, Honda, Toyota and Brooks. In VFX, clients include film studios and post-production houses such as Pixar, ILM, Double Negative, The Moving Picture Company, Walt Disney Animation, Weta Digital, Framestore and Sony Pictures Imageworks.
To find out more visit: www.thefoundry.co.uk/about-us/