Pixomondo, Cube Creative and RealtimeUK Among V-Ray Day Speakers; New Mars Design Contest with HP
LOS ANGELES, Calif. – March 19, 2018 – Today, Chaos Group announced its V-Ray Day line-up for FMX 2018, its annual presentation series that brings exclusive production talks to show attendees. This year, the talented artists at Pixomondo, Cube Creative and RealtimeUK will be delivering breakdowns of everything from Star Trek to game trailers, before Chaos Group announces a new partnership with HP that is set to award big prizes for designing a habitable future on Mars.
The one-day event will be held in Stuttgart, Germany at Haus der Wirtschaft in the Mannheim Room; presentations begin Wednesday, April 25 at 2:00 p.m. While V-Ray Day sessions are open to all FMX attendees, seating is limited. Due to the exclusive content being shown, recording is not permitted.
The premier presentation features Max Reiss, VFX Supervisor at Pixomondo, who will offer an exclusive look at how the studio created 3D assets and complex environments for “Star Trek: Discovery.” Reiss will not only dissect the workflows, but will show how to take a shot from concept to final render using V-Ray.
The presentations continue with a talk by Stuart Bayley, Art Director at RealtimeUK, who will explain how his studio designs game trailers, from a creative and time management sense, using multiple projects and stunning cinematic environments as a guide. Animation fans will also be treated to a talk from Cube Creative, showing the inner workings behind TV shows like "Kaeloo" and "Athleticus."
Complete Presentation and Activity Schedule
● Chaos Group will be hosting software demonstrations throughout the conference at booth 1.1 in the FMX Marketplace.
● “Chaos Group Education Team & HP Mars Home Planet: Visualize Your Future,” by Albena Ivanova, Education Specialist & Barbara Marshall, Global Industry Manager – 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
● “Cube Creative: From Cartoon to Photorealistic – Using V-Ray for Animated TV Series,” by Tanguy Weyland, 3D Supervisor & Sylvain Grain, Producer – 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
● “RealtimeUK: Cinematic Worlds – A Holistic Overview of Creating Game Trailers,” by Stuart Bayley, Art Director – 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
● “Pixomondo: Creating a Universe – Star Trek: Discovery,” by Max Reiss, VFX Supervisor – 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
For more information on what Chaos Group will be doing at FMX, please visit https://www.chaosgroup.com/fmx2018 and watch for updates on Twitter (@ChaosGroup). If you are interested in a meeting with Chaos Group at FMX, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Chaos Group
Chaos Group is a worldwide leader in computer graphics technology, helping artists and designers create photorealistic imagery and animation for architecture, design, and visual effects. Chaos Group’s award-winning physically-based rendering and simulation software is used daily by top design studios, architectural firms, advertising agencies, and visual effects companies around the globe. Today, the company's research and development in cloud rendering, material scanning, and virtual reality is shaping the future of creative storytelling and digital design. Founded in 1997, Chaos Group is privately owned with offices in Sofia, Los Angeles, Seoul, and Tokyo. For more information, visit: chaosgroup.com.