I. SPONSORSHIP CAMPAIGN
1. PARTNERS IN ART is a sponsorship campaign designed to help indie creators, students, and content creators to work on high-end projects or enhance open-source capabilities for the 3D graphics community by introducing a mechanism for provision of free licenses and a sustainable financial support scheme.
2. The organizer of the campaign is "CHAOS SOFTWARE LTD" Ltd., UIC 204662149, with head office and address: 145 Tsarigradsko shose Blvd., Sofia Office Center, 12th floor, Sofia Bulgaria, 1784, Bulgaria ("Organizer"). When referred below CHAOS will mean, jointly and severally as the context may require, the Organizer and its subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies, and companies with which it is under common control, including but not limited to, Chaos Software LTD EOOD, Chaos Czech SRL, Cylindo Aps, Enscape GmbH, Enscape Inc, etc.
II. CAMPAIGN DURATION
4. The period during which anyone can participate in the campaign starts on 31.10.2022 and will continue until 31.12.2022, unless there is a change according to paragraph 17.
III. TERRITORIAL SCOPE OF THE CAMPAIGN
5. THIS CAMPAIGN IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAWS. THE CAMPAIGN IS OPEN TO ANY PARTICIPANTS FROM ALL COUNTRIES WORLDWIDE, EXCEPT FOR RESIDENTS OF EMBARGO COUNTRIES AND OTHERS AS MAYBE STIPULATED HEREUNDER.
IV. RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CAMPAIGN
6. Indie artists, content creators, students, or researchers have the right to participate in the campaign as long as they are eligible according to these Terms and have followed the applicable rules at all times.
7. Participants are not required to be citizens of, or reside in, the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria.
8. No employees or contractors of the Organizer, nor their families, shall have the right to participate in the campaign.
V. RULES OF THE CAMPAIGN
10. To participate in this campaign, you must submit all required information, including contact details, location, industry, role, project name, project goals and roadblocks, expected next steps in its development, timeline, publishing plan, as well as a realistic estimate of the needed financial and/or software support. In no case will the financial aid provided hereunder exceed the limits set forth in section 11 below.
Participants must describe the project they’re seeking funding for in detail, in order to be considered for funding and evaluated by representatives of Chaos, whose decision will be final and binding in all respects, from all entries submitted during the campaign duration, based on the following criteria:
Each Participant can apply multiple times throughout the campaign.
11. Each Participant who has successfully participated in the campaign has the opportunity to receive any of the following funding options:
A. Up to 5,000 EUR in financial support
B. Up to 5 Chaos V-Ray licenses
C. Up to 5 Chaos Corona licenses
D. Up to 5 Chaos Phoenix licenses
E. Up to 1,000 Chaos Cloud credits
12. Тhe number of approved and funded submissions is directly dependent on the funds remaining in the campaign, which amounts to 15,000 EUR in total available for the Campaign duration listed in paragraph 4.
13. Additional information regarding the projects may be required by the Organizer. The Organizer will select at his own discretion a number of projects who will receive financial and/or software funding.
14. The projects selected to receive funding will be announced at https://www.chaos.com/partners-in-art and the Organizer’s official communication channels.
15. In order to receive their awards, the winning participant must provide the Organizer with all relevant information needed in order to receive the financial and/or software funding. If the winning Participant fails to take due care of winning the prize, or does not follow these Terms (or any other domestic or international applicable law, regulations, ethical guides of the Organizer, etc) at all times, he/she loses his/her right to receive the funding.
16. The campaign organizer shall not be liable to the relevant person, the actual recipient of the funding, in case of fraud by unscrupulous persons.
17. The Organizer reserves the right at all times at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the campaign and these Terms, in whole or in part, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Organizer that interferes with the proper conduct of the campaign as contemplated by these Terms, including, without limitation, any war, embargo, government act or omission, an Organizer’s subcontractor fault, Act of God, error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause.
VI. PUBLICITY OF THE CAMPAIGN AND USE OF THE INFORMATION
18. These terms and conditions will be publicly available and available for the entire duration of the campaign on the Organizer's website at: https://www.chaos.com/partners-in-art/terms where everyone interested should become acquainted with them.
19. THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE PARTICIPANTS WILL BE PROCESSED BY THE ORGANIZER, FOR ORGANIZER’S OWN PURPOSES.
VII. LOSS OF RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CAMPAIGN
20. Each of the Participants is responsible for the accuracy of the data provided by him/her in connection with his/her participation in the campaign. The organizer has the right to deprive any person of participation in the campaign in case of violation or suspicion of violation of any of the conditions of these GTC or attempted fraud.
VIII. INDEMNIFICATION AND WARRANTIES
21. Each of the Participants agrees and acknowledges that at its own expense and to the fullest extent permitted by law, shall indemnify, defend (at Organizer’s request), and hold harmless the Organizer, officers and personnel, and/or its related third parties, against any and all losses, liabilities, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) suffered or incurred by either or both of those, by reason of any claim asserted against them. If requested by the Organizer to defend such a claim, you will not agree to any settlement without the prior written consent of the Sponsor, and the Sponsor shall have the right to participate, at its own expense, in the defense of any such claim with counsel of its own choosing.
22. Each of the Participants agrees and acknowledges that:
(1) He/she has created, and has the requisite rights to submit, develop and use its Content/artwork in connection with the Campaign;
(2) His/her Content/artwork does not infringe or misappropriate any intellectual property or proprietary right of any third party or violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations;
(3) His/her Content/artwork is not subject to any restriction on disclosure, transfer, download, export or re-export under any applicable law, rule or regulation; and
(4) any information He/she provides in connection with His/her registration for, or participation in the Campaign is and shall remain true, accurate, and complete, and that He/she will maintain and update such information regularly.
"Claim" means any claim, suit or proceeding arising out of or in connection with: (1) Participants’ Content/ artwork or use of their content/artwork, including, without limitation, any assertion that their Content/artwork or the use thereof may infringe any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property or other rights of any individual or entity, or are a misappropriation of any individual or entity’s trade secret, or contain any libelous, defamatory, disparaging, pornographic, or obscene materials or use thereof caused death or bodily injury or damage to the real or tangible property of any third party; (2) any breach of or failure by Participants’ to comply with applicable laws, these Terms or any policies or additional agreements applicable hereto; or (3) Participant’s collection of the Prize (or anyone who receipt the Prize by way of Participants authorization).
23. By submitting Participant agrees that the Organizer and its affiliates may use their submission(s), fully credited, for promotional purposes on the Organizer’s websites and/or for marketing purposes. Participants will retain all copyrights to their work. The submission(s) submitted by the Participant may be used worldwide, indefinitely, free of charge except from the reward received hereunder, and in all aspects of the business activities of CHAOS and its subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies, and companies with which it is under common control, including but not limited to, as promotional marketing materials and be featured on CHAOS’ communication channels, including but not limited to: CHAOS’ gallery, CHAOS’ showreel, CHAOS’ social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Bilibili, Weibo, Youku), CHAOS’ blog, in synchronization with other materials on CHAOS’ YouTube channel, etc.
Participants hereby grant CHAOS, its affiliates and successors, the royalty-free, freely transferable and sublicensable, non-exclusive and unlimited right, for the maximum duration according to the applicable law, and automatically renewing under the same terms and conditions until terminated, to use the submission(s) and/or any derivative materials created thereof, upon CHAOS sole discretion, including but not limited to, access, use, reproduce, make available, publicly perform, display, distribute, and sublicense, in relation to any and all of CHAOS’s business activities to promote, reproduce, distribute, exhibit, or exploit in any manner the submission(s), or any part thereof, without limitation, for the production of release images, product functionality and features, scenes and videos demonstrating new product functionality, production of tutorials, etc. CHAOS shall be entitled to alter, change and modify the submission(s) without obtaining any additional Participants’ permission, in writing or otherwise, prior or after such modification, including but not limited to, minor modifications, such as changing the position and the color of the lights, changing hue, brightness, contrast, mood, blurring, sharpening, changing the point of view, size and resolution, adjusting materials and texture look, etc, implemented for the purposes of making the submission(s) and/or derivative materials suitable for the functionality of the CHAOS’s offerings or otherwise making the submission(s) suit CHAOS’s needs, including but not limited to, for the purposes of creating imagery generated by the CHAOS’s products, for the purposes of creating or demonstrating features and settings in V-Ray, Phoenix, Cylindo, Corona, Enscape, or any other CHAOS’s products’ functionality, etc. The original content and any derivative materials thereof may be freely shared to the public either in their original form or modified and may be published on various publicly available distribution channels. Where possible credits will be placed near them according to the then-current CHAOS standard policy. This document does not create any obligation for CHAOS to use the submission(s) provided.
24. As a condition of awarding the finding, winners grant to Organizer the right to use their full name (first and last), image and likeness for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes without territorial, time or use limitations, including without limitation online announcements, without additional compensation or notice, unless prohibited by law.
25. There are no restrictions on submitting applications that have been submitted to other competitions, campaigns or previously published in public.
26. By submitting to the Campaign, Participants warrant that they have the IP rights or obtained permission to submit the works for public display.
IX. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
27. The Organizer shall not be liable to the relevant Participant, the actual recipient of the funding, if the provided e-mail/address/entry visual/other information is wrong or any type of fraud is committed by a third party in regards to the provided e-mail address and the access to it. The participation in the campaign is voluntary and free and does not create any rights for the Participants to receive something in return or obligations to the Organizer to provide something to the Participants.
X. PERSONAL DATA
28. By submitting an application to the Campaign the Participant agrees his or her personal data to be collected and processed by the Organizer and their local partners, in its capacity as administrator of personal data for the purposes of the campaign.
29. By participating in this Campaign Participants declare and agree to submit their personal data voluntarily as a prerequisite for participation in the campaign and for the enjoyment of the rights they can acquire with their participation in the campaign and give their explicit consent to the Organizer and their local partners to process their personal data for the purposes of the funding winning.
31. The Organizer has the irrevocable right to change the terms or terminate the campaign at any time by announcing it on its website at https://www.chaos.com/partners-in-art/terms.
XII. FINAL PROVISIONS
32. The Organizer reserves the right, at its own discretion, to amend and supplement these terms and conditions, and for this purpose, the changes should be announced and accessible to all Participants in accordance with Section VI. Publicity of the campaign.
33. Any change in the deadlines for withdrawing and submitting the gifts of this campaign will be duly published on the Organizer's website at https://www.chaos.com/partners-in-art/terms.
35. These Terms and Conditions are approved and accepted by an Authorized Representative of the Organizer. The applicable law is the law of the Republic of Bulgaria and any disputes will be settled before the functionally competent court in Sofia, Bulgaria.