A History of Chaos.com
Chaos is Australia's oldest independent online music retailer.
Here's a look into our history:
- Rob Appel founded Chaos under the name Chaos Music Market at www.cmm.com.au.
- Developed websites for the ABCs Recovery program and Phantom Records.
- Commenced operations of online indie record store.
- Brand and URL updated to ChaosMusic and chaosmusic.com
- Established Australia's first local Digital Rights Management operation with Skunkhour
- David Coe and Malcolm Turnbull invested $3M in Chaos
- Chaos won best and most popular Australian Online Music Retailer Awards.
- Initial Public Offering raised $15M
- The CAN (Chaos Artist Network) launched with support of Australia Council for independent artists without distribution. Artists to use The CAN's services include Megan Washington, Dallas Crane, Klinger and Jess McEvoy.
- Chaos won best and most popular Australian Online Retailer Awards.
- Chaos won best and most popular Australian Online Retailer Awards
- Chaos became a private company: Chaos Entertainment Pty Ltd.
- Brand and URL updated to Chaos.com
- Partnership with Stomp Distribution: for site management, distribution and fulfilment.
- Chaos books launched, offering Chaos members over 50,000 book titles.
- Chaos was given a site make-over.
- Partnership with Élan Media Partners: for site management, distribution and fulfilment
- Chaos joins:
- Élan Media Partners became the majority owner of Chaos.com and relaunched Chaos with a new modern look, cheaper prices and a wider range of products.